Sometimes called “Lost Key” by local residents and businesses, Perdido Key is located on a 247-acre barrier island on Florida’s exquisite north Gulf Coast in the extreme Northwest Panhandle. Conde Nast Traveler has rated Perdido Key among the top five island beaches. This narrow strip of land has sparkling white beaches and azure water where you’ll find some of the most breathtaking views on Florida’s north coast.
Near the Florida district of the Gulf Islands National Seashore, a five mile expanse of protected dunes harbors a vast array of wildlife. Because it is one of the few remaining unblemished stretches of wilderness in the Florida Panhandle, environmentalists and outdoor enthusiasts enjoy this natural paradise with miles of unspoiled beaches offering a wealth of opportunities for hiking, kayaking, bird watching, viewing sea life and wildlife, bays, coves and wetlands.
- Three state parks (Perdido Key; Big Lagoon; Tarkiln Bayou) are also perfect for spotting gray foxes and blue herons in the wild. Local outfitters offer guided tours, but self-guided nature trails are perfect chances for solitude.
- Nearby attractions include over a dozen beautiful golf courses, the Pensacola Greyhound Track, and NAS Pensacola’s Naval Museum, home of the Blue Angels Flight Team.
- Recreational activities abound, such as fresh water and deep-sea fishing, canoeing, swimming, diving, surfing, camping, hiking and tubing.
- Dolphin watch excursions and sailing tours are popular with tourists, as are moonlight cruises on the bay.
- Dining in Perdido Key is a marvelous experience with restaurants that specialize in locally caught fresh fish and seafood. It is home to one of the oldest restaurants on the Gulf Coast, specializing in delicious island dishes with seating overlooking the public beach.
Perdido Key is also home to the infamous Flora-Bama Lounge, which is on the Florida-Alabama State line and is often considered one of America’s last great roadhouses. The Flora-Bama Lounge hosts the annual “Interstate Mullet Toss” event where contestants throw fish across the state lines.
As the morning sunshine sparkles across the surface of the Gulf’s warm water you can almost hear its inviting call. Come for a few hours or enjoy the entire day at the beach with your family and friends. Contact us today for a piece of Perdido Key real estate with a casual, relaxed island experience. Perdido Key is the place to be.
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.